Monday, September 4, 2017

Controversial Parenting Tag

Welcome back Lil Miss Mommy & Me Blog Followers!

Today I am going to be talking about Controversial Parenting. I have seen so many Youtube Moms doing the Controversial Parenting Tag and thought I would give my input on things.

To first start off ...
I do understand that everyone parents differently and has different views about these things. These are just my opinions and how I'm going to parent. 

So please your comments below!


Bed Sharing

I personally do not agree with Bed Sharing. I believe Bed
Sharing puts your child at risk for sudden infant death syndrome, and can cause other dangers during sleep, like suffocation. I feel the best and safest place for your baby to sleep is in her own bassinet or crib placed close to your bed.


Spanking

Like I expressed in my past post about Discipline I do absolutely believe in spanking but it depends on the age of the child. I would never in a million hurt my baby girl. But once the child is about 2 years old and throwing a fit and telling them no or going into time out does not work i do feel that a little swat on the butt is absolutely okay. Butts weren't just made to look at.


Bottle Feeding

If you personally know me you would know that I breastfeed Dixie until she was 3 months old. Sadly my production dried up after being put on birth control (The Depo Shot). One thing us moms don't think about is Not all moms can breastfeed due to poor milk production, latching problems, and time issues.  In my opinion, we shouldn’t judge a bottle feeding mom because you never know her situation.  


Natural VS Epidural 

When I went into labor with Dixie I tried and tried to have an all natural labor I made it 7 hours and caved and got an epidural. So I guess i'm like 50/50 I would have loved to have a all natural labor but I would absolutely get another epidural if it meant I could love and cherish the birth of my little angel.


Ear Piercing

Being a mom to a baby girl I never found any problem with piercing Dixie's ears, but I did wait until she was almost 9 months old. You should always take into consideration that your child is young and don't have an immune system to fight an infection. 


Medication

Again if you personally know me you would know that im an all natural momma. Like in some of my other post I have shared some of my natural remedies I use for Dixie when it comes teething, fever, and belly aches. But I am not against medication if its a serious situation.


Cry It Out Method

I wasn't a believer in crying it out until one night Micheal (My Husband) saw I was having an extremely hard night, he grabbed Dixie from my arms and laid her in her bed and let her cry. He sat there and helped me through it he went in every 5-10 minutes to reinsure her everything was okay and that we loved her. Finally after 30 minutes she fell asleep.
Crying it out has worked for my family but doesn't always work for others.


Vaccinations 

Hell yes!!!! Dixie is completely up to date on her shot and will be vaccinated. I have watched and seen what unvaccinated child are like and they have many health problems and live a hard life. 
But... when it comes to the flu shot I refuse due to past experiences I have had of getting it and being sick for several months after.



Thank You for Reading! 




Dont forget to LIKE, COMMENT, & SUBSCRIBE!

-Lil Miss Mommy & Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spooky Halloween Bark!